The Phenikaa Innovation Foundation
The Phenikaa Innovation Foundation (Phenikaa Foundation) was founded pursuant to Resolution No. 02/2019 NQ/PHX - ĐHĐCĐ dated 27 April 2019 of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Phenikaa Group.
The Phenikaa Foundation is a subsidiary of the Phenikaa Group and does not possess legal personality. The Foundation operates in a not-for-profit manner and serves scientific-technological development needs by offering grants to technological scientists to conduct scientific development research that benefit society. The Foundation also participates in supporting start-ups in the field of innovation and technology.
The scale for Phase 1 of the Phenikaa Foundation is 1 trillion VND, deduced from the undistributed retained earnings of the Company in accordance with the decision of the General Meeting of Shareholders under the advisement of the Board of Directors. In addition to undistributed retained earnings, constituents of the Foundation also include: Cash profits from scientific and technological activities which are applied in production; other lawful sources of income; voluntary contributions from organizations and individuals within and outside Vietnam. Unused operational capital of the Foundation by the end of the fiscal year for scientific and technological activities are transferred to the next fiscal year.
- Nurture talents, develop outstanding scientific-technological human resources capable of effective research, knowledge transfer, engage in innovative start-ups and international cooperation.
- Create breakthrough research at international level; discover, develop new technologies that have high application, positive impacts, and bring about practical benefits to the society and communities.
- Sponsor strategic ideas capable of creating solutions that improve production capacity and the competitiveness of the economy, improve the livelihood, ensure better health and a greener and cleaner environment for people.
- Create a people-centric innovation ecosystem on the basis of linkages between scientists, research institutes, universities and businesses.
- Promote the development of new products, processes and organizational methods to bring about superior socio-economic benefits.
AREAS OF PRIORITY
In terms of research subjects, Phenikaa Group prioritizes assistance for research projects in the following areas:
- Scientific and technological projects of Phenikaa Group
- Projects in the fields of advanced technologies such as Information Technology, Electrical
- Engineering and Electronics, Artificial Intelligence, Hi-tech agriculture, Biotech
- Scientific and technological projects at national, ministerial and provincial levels
- Projects chip design training for selected applications/solutions
- IoT applications
- Automated vehicles
- Fiber optics materials
- Applications of health sciences
- Digital technologies and smart electronic devices
- New materials and ecological materials
- Big data and Artificial Intelligence
- Robotics and Automation
- New energy and renewable energy
- Biomedical and pharmaceutical/chemistry
- Knowledge economy, business, enterprise innovation and development to build up research capacity to support economic growth, address national challenges