As one of the three key pillars of the Group’s sustainable development ecosystem, the Scientific Research component consists of Phenikaa’s research institutes and centers, responsible for turning fundamental and applied research activities into the key for the long-term and stable development of the Group.
The Group invests 1 - 2% of total revenue annually in R&D with the aim to realize the Group’s sustainable development strategy, create competitive advantages and allow it to stand out. Improving scientific research and technology transfer capacity are also the Phenikaa way to creating breakthroughs in science, technology and socioeconomic development.
Phenikaa Group has invested in a major R&D center comprising research centers in various hi-tech fields. They include the Polymer Center, Industrial Designs Center and other centers serving Phenikaa’s main business areas.
In addition, the Group also has 3 research institutes:
- The Phenikaa Research and Technology Institute (PRATI) focuses on highly applicable research in industrial manufacturing to develop and improve the quality of key competitive products, expand into new areas, products for the sustainable development of the Group.
- The Phenikaa Institute for Advanced Study (PIAS) focuses on fundamental scientific researches and technology development, they are the nucleus for Phenikaa University to become a multidisciplinary university that excels in training, research and career orientation according to international standards.
- The Nano Institute under Phenikaa University (PHENA) focuses on research into Nano technology’s various application like medicine, environmental protection, energy, and agriculture.
Phenikaa’s institutes and research centers are tasked with turning fundamental and applied research into the key for long-term and stable development of the Group, thereby creating breakthroughs in science, technology and socioeconomic development.
After nearly a decade of development, Phenikaa Group has decided to establish the Phenikaa Innovation Foundation (Phenikaa Foundation) with an initial investment of 1 trillion VND deduced from the Group’s retained earnings. The Foundation operates in a not-for-profit manner. Through its grants, the Phenikaa Foundation aims to support, financially and otherwise, initiatives, research and development projects of new technologies, technological innovations, and creative and revolutionary start-ups. This produces a positive impact on society and bring about practical benefits for the community. The Phenikaa Foundation will provide grants for scientific research of the Group’s universities, research institutes, centers, and for high-potential projects by non-Phenikaans, within and outside Vietnam. Concurrently, the Foundation will also support tech innovation start-ups.
1. Phenikaa Institute for Advanced Study, Phenikaa University (PIAS)
- Website: pias.edu.vn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Building A1, Phenikaa University, Yen Nghia Ward, Ha Dong Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam.
2. Phenikaa Research and Technology Institute (PRATI)
- Website: prati.com.vn
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Building A1, Phenikaa University, Yen Nghia Ward, Ha Dong Dist.,Hanoi, Vietnam.
3. Phenikaa University Nano Institute (PHENA)